Electrical rewiring of DTEA Laxmibai Nagar
An energy audit conducted by the DTEA Alumni Trust at all the DTEA Schools. As a result of the Audit, it was found that complete overhauling of the electrical system and total rewiring was urgently required at DTEA School, Laxmibai Nagar School.
A reliable contractor was identified for the project who executed this project successfully. The School principal, Ms. Meena Sahni, extended all possible help for the project.
The Trust thanks all the Alumni who donated generously and made this project a success. All the lights were changed to energy efficient LED tube lights and new Orient Electric fans were installed in addition to re-wiring and
Glad to inform that the project of electrical revamping and allied work at LBN school has been completed in June 2019. This scope of work involved:
- Entire electrical re-wiring, including fixing new PVC conduits,
- Fixing of MCB’s and new main panel for load distribution
- Repositioning and adding extra fans
- Installation of energy efficient LED tube lights
- Installation of five search lights for improved security
- Fixing MCBs and replacement of main electrical panel
Some additional incidental work was also done during this time like:
- replacing glass panes in a few class rooms,
- Re-painting of three rooms, the Principal’s room, the office room and the staff room after completing the concealed re-wiring in these rooms. Furniture painting and polishing in these three rooms were also done as required.
- Repainting also done in the corridor outside the office and principal’s rooms
- Re-painting of two primary class rooms with bright colors.
- The AV room in the first floor was converted to a class room and accordingly the lights and fans in that room were refixed. The AV room was shifted to an unused room in the 2nd floor. This room was also painted as were a few doors in the 2nd floor
A word of praise from the Principal Mrs. Meena Sahni was a real icing on the cake and it gives all of us at the Trust and the Alumni who donated generously, great pleasure to see that the children will be benefitted with better lighting, safer and a cooler environment.